International Centre for Advocacy on Right to Health (ICARH) is a Non-Government Organization, committed to improving Human Rights and reducing the impact of sexually transmitted infections amongst vulnerable persons, and the Most at Risk Populations in Nigeria through research, education, training, advocacy, health care services and to advocate for human rights of sexual and gender minorities.
Job Type: Contract
We are looking for a Pharmacist, preferably with experience working within the context of an NGO specifically with members of key populations to be part of our team here at ICARH.
- Review prescriptions from ICARH care providers to assure accuracy, clinical appropriateness and rational drug use (in accordance with standard guidelines including the current National Guidelines for HIV Prevention, Treatment and Care)
- Answers questions and provides information to patients and health care providers on drug interactions, side effects, dosage and storage of pharmaceuticals.
- Maintains established policies and procedures concerning quality assurance, security of controlled substances and disposal of hazardous waste drugs.
- Ensures implementation of pharmacy best practices (pharmaceutical care of patients, standard drug dispensing protocols, standard storage of drugs, and implementation of the first-to expire, first-out procedure in the drug stores in collaboration with trust study Pharmacist
- Ensures availability of anti-retroviral drugs and drugs for opportunistic infections by issuing drugs as required.
- Take stock and Manages all drug inventory procedures
- Works with relevant clinic personnel to maintain accurate drugs records system through appropriate drug inventory systems for efficient drug logistics management.
- Monitors National Pharmacy Indicators for quality improvement.
- Collaborate with Trust Study Pharmacist in Preparing and reporting Bi Monthly CRFF when needed.
- Bachelors degree in pharmacy
- Creative and outside the box thinker.
- Experience working with key populations and PLWHIV.
- Excellent command of the English language, verbal, written communication.
- Computer literacy
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively within a team setting.
- Ability to prioritize, and deliver on tasks within deadlines.
Minimum years of experience
Two (2) years.
- Degree in Pharmacy
Application Closing Date
12th December, 2022.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their Personal Statement and CVs to email: email@example.com. Please note: only successful candidates will be contacted.